Creating Test Groups (Distributing Assessments)
You distribute an assessment by creating one or more test groups. A test group gives you a unique link to share for respondents to access your assessment. Test groups also offer a number of settings you can apply to an assessment such as:
- Randomize question order
- Set a time limit
- Show correct answers after each question
- And more...
If your assessment contains graded questions, you'll also find respondents’ scores grouped by test group.
Navigate to an assessment and click Test Groups / Scores. (If your assessment doesn't have any test groups yet, you'll also see a blue banner inviting you to create your first test group.)
Click New Test Group.
- Give the test group a meaningful name.
- You can enable the pre-test, the post-test or both.
- (Optional) Set a time limit for the assessment.
- (Optional) Randomize the question order.
- (Optional) Enable backtracking (allows a person to return to previously answered questions and change their response).
- (Optional) Show the correct answer after each question.
You probably don't want to enable both. If a respondent is given the correct answer and can return to the question, they can correct all of their incorrect answers.
Click Create Test Group.
Share Assessment Link ¶
On the new test group screen, you’ll see the share links for the pre- and post-test. Send these links to your students / respondents. Respondents will access the assessment using this link.
They will need to enter an email, passcode, or login with a Google account to access the test.